Monday, May 3, 2010

Dallas

I know these pictures are really late. I could come up with a really great excuse, but I guess I'll just play my mommy card. :) When my parents were here in the beginning of April we decided to take a day trip to Dallas and visit the Aquarium. It was going to be Aubrey's first visit to see the fishies. Jonah wanted to drive by the Cowboys Stadium and just look through it, but you couldn't do anything without tickets for a tour. After much debate, we decided Aubrey wouldn't really care where we were and opted to tour the Cowboys Stadium instead of visiting the Aquarium. I didn't want to put Aubrey back in the car for another half an hour drive around Dallas either. :) In the next three pictures we were standing in the "cheap seats". These are tickets sold for standing room only and there is a level open for people to stand and watch the game. It was a long way down...Grandma was worried about Aubrey getting dropped, but it all worked out okay.



Here is the view of the field from the standing room only seats. Not a bad view.

This one is for Ian...He knows we are so far from being Cowboy's fans, but we figured we would get Aubrey sitting in the ear-hole of the helmet in the end zone. Needless to say, she is a little small. She wasn't sure about the fake grass and fake dirt (or ground as we used to call it back in the marching band days), but she sat and smiled for the camera anyways.

We figured we better get a picture of her by something neutral so we could pretend it was from Lambeau Field...does this NFL logo look neutral enough?

The tour included not only the field, but also the players' locker room. Marion Barber played for the Gophers when Ben and I marched in the band. It only seemed fitting to get a picture of the one player we kinda like ;).

This was at the end of their visit. Aubrey loved spending time with Grandpa...he gave her cookies.



1 comment:

  1. Not a big Cowboys fan, but then again I don't watch football! Looks like fun and just to even see the place is cool! Hope you guys had fun! Love all the pictures of Aubrey on the field, she is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete