Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Aubrey's Birthday/Airshow

This year Aubrey's birthday went on for almost the whole month! My parents came out before Easter and we had a little party for her then. She got to have her cake and open her presents from them. Then Ben's parents came down a few weeks later and we had another little party while she opened her presents from them, us, and Uncle Josiah & Aunt Virginia. On May 1st we had a little party with our friends here and that was when she got to have her Elmo cake. Enjoy! I can't believe our "baby" isn't a baby anymore.


This is her Nene from Grandma and Grandpa Kempen from their trip to Hawaii.

She was more excited about holding on to her birthday card then opening her presents. I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Baby Tickle Elmo...after watching us she was trying to get him to laugh and wiggle. She did figure it out!

Something about kids and the wrapping paper. This was the bow that I put on her present from us. She held on to that bow for everything she had.

Thank you Uncle Josiah and Aunt Virginia!!! I love my tea set! She has already figured out how to open the top and it isn't even out of the box yet!

Grandma is showing Aubrey how to work her phone, but I think she is more interested on chewing on it.

Grandpa and Aubrey drinking together....I promise it is just milk in her cup.

When Ben and I were in Columbus we got a picture of us standing on the wing of a T-6. The only difference was that I was very pregnant. We thought it was only fitting to get a picture with Aubrey outside my belly :). A couple guys we new from Columbus flew in the T-6 for the Airshow we had here at Barksdale a few weeks ago.

I can't take credit for free-handing the Elmo cake, but I can take credit for homemade icing and piping the whole thing by hand!

This is our version of Elmo possessed.

Just the eyes and mouth.

A very tan Elmo. At this point I was asking Ben if I had to finish the red...

Elmo Complete

The morning of her birthday party with our friends. She has her "my 1st birthday" dress on with her pretty bow.

"Mommy, do I have to wear my bow?"

This video is so adorable! At the end it says that the truck is from mommy and daddy, but we got a card from Great Gramma and Grampa so it is actually from them! Sorry for the mix-up! She loves pushing it around. You'll have to excuse my coughing at the end too...a tickle popped up at just the wrong time.



This video is so you can all pretend that you were here to sing her happy birthday!



Whew! Lots of pictures, lots of info, but I think we're all caught up for now. Except for our big news....stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. She is just precious! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun this past month! Happy Birthday Miss Aubrey! Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete