Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New News!

As many of you have probably heard we wont be heading to Oregon for F-15 training. Because Ben is too healthy he kept GLOCing (G-induced loss of consciousness) at the centrifuge. He decided it wasn't worth risking his life every-time he went up in the jet so we started looking at other options.

Today Ben and I found out our future (for the next few years anyway). Ben will be flying the B-52. He is so excited to be in a bomber and have the opportunity to "distribute the hate". Everything starts happening pretty quick now. Once his orders come in we are free to start the process of PCSing. We have to report to Barksdale AFB near Shreveport, LA by March 5th and he starts his training on March 15. Rumor mill has it that we can plan on being there for about 8 months and then either we will stay there or head back up to Minot, ND.

This is really good news for us. He has a great opportunity to possibly cross train and fly each of the three bombers throughout his career. This is all we know for now, but I wanted to keep y'all updated.

Off to Louisiana! At least we get to stay in the south!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, something finally set in stone for the time being. I was amazed at how much information you gave me the other night! Jeff joked that you know more then most active duty guys! LOl
    Wish we could help you pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice the background until after my post! I really like this one! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete