On Saturday Ben and I decided we wanted to get out of the house for awhile. After getting Aubrey all bundled up (it was a little colder than we thought) we made our way to Freedom Park. It's a nice distance away from our house so Ben and I were able to stretch our legs a bit. This was Aubrey's first experience at the park and she loved it!! As with all the other firsts I try to get a few pictures and thought I would share. This first one she had to sit on my lap on the swing since another family was using the baby swings. It has probably been ten years since I have been on a swing, but I survived!
Like I said, a little colder than we thought. We got Aubrey dressed right, but apparently the sweatshirts weren't enough for Ben and I.
At the top of the slide there is a tower with the window cut out. You just have to pretend the big yellow sweatshirt isn't behind her. :)
Ben took Aubrey down the slide for the first time, but she had to stand on the top of it first.
She absolutely loves being thrown in the air. I love this picture of her with the sky and trees in the background. You would never guess we are in MS!
After the other family left we headed over to the "Tot Spot". It's the cutest thing! Everything is mini-sized for the little kids and there is even some sand around instead of just the mulch. Aubrey went down the little slide all by herself (with a little help from daddy).
We decided we would have to bring her back to play in the sand on a day when she doesn't have to wear her mittens.
Right before we left Aubrey got to swing all by herself! She is still a little small, but she loved it. I'm sure this was just the first of many trips to the park. I can't wait for her to ask to go!
She is getting so big and so darn cute! I promise I had the biggest smile reading this and looking at her pictures! She has changed a lot since I saw her last! Just adorable!!!!
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! You finally gave in and changed your background! I was totally not into it, but there are some cute ones out there!
ReplyDeleteTo answer 2 of your questions.
1. Yes, there is a ledge and thats where I am going to start adding color.
2. No, jeff didn't get to see the jets:( I texted him and told him to check the blog when he gets a chance. He leaves here no later than 6:30 in the morning.
I really like your background!!!
Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting pics of Aubrey and you both! I love seeing you all grow as a family. It makes me smile all warm inside! Karla
ReplyDelete