Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Today seemed like the perfect day to head out to the "local" pumpkin patch. It was only a high of 88 degrees and sunny. A beautiful fall day by Louisiana standards. This particular patch has different barnyard things for the kids to do along with a corn maze. We went with the intention to just ride the tractor out to the pumpkin patch, pick our pumpkins, and head home, but Aubrey had different thoughts.

We started out with the typical waiting in line for our tickets. Ben took Aubrey over by the music speakers to dance for awhile while I waited in line. After we got our tickets we headed over to the scarecrow cut-out for pictures and then off to the corn maze. I'm so glad we brought Aubrey's "leash". It gave her the chance to lead us for once. We just let her lead the way, and eventually we found our way out! Aubrey loved watching the kids do the barn swing, but I think she was still a little too small to do it on her own. We watched people have duck races using tubes cut in half and hand water pumps to push the ducks. She loved that. Before we knew it, it was our turn to ride the tractor ride out to the pumpkins. Once again...she had a blast. After we got our pumpkins it was time to head out and get some lunch. We are all tired from our long morning outside. Ben and Aubrey are napping and I figured I better put the pictures up before I lay down, or it might never get done.

Oh...the corn maze we did was cut out in the shape of the Vex-Con logo from the TV show "Billy the Exterminator". He lives and works right here in Bossier City. Next time you see his show think of us!

Aubrey and Daddy walking back from dancing.

Not a very scary scarecrow...but she's a happy one!

Daddy and Aubrey taking a break in the corn maze.

Now it's Mommy's turn. I keep asking Ben if we are going to be able to find our way out before Aubrey melts down. :) We did.

"Outta my way! I know where I'm going..."

Aubrey loved the tire "horsey" she got to ride while we were waiting for the tractor.

On the tractor ride heading out to the pumpkins. "It's so bright out here!!!"

"Look! Daddy found one of our pumpkins!"

Ready to ride back with our prize pumpkins!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the updates! I've missed reading your blog and seeing pictures of Aubrey on a regular basis. It's my way of pretending that I don't live across the country from you! Miss you!! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete