Here we are! Home Sweet Home...in Bossier City, LA. We have been here for about two weeks now and are all settled in our new house. LA welcomed us with a round of the flu, but we have all had our turn and should be back on track now. I love Bossier City! There is so much to do here and the weather is beautiful! I can't wait to get outside and give our yard the little bit of TLC it needs. Some weeding, flower planting, and fresh grass seed in the backyard should do the trick.
Here are a few pictures of our new house! This first one is the living room. We love the fireplace! There were even screws already in the brick that matched the hangers for our big picture! The bookshelves built in took away some clutter of having our own bookshelves and DVD racks in the living room. Aubrey loves all the space and I love the floor to ceiling windows on either end.
Aubrey loves her new room. It's hard to believe this is the third bedroom/house she has lived in since she was born! I guess that's the Air Force for you! It's setting her up for being moveable in the future. :) It's amazing how everything seems to just fit.
This is the guest bathroom. Our blue and brown decor works perfect with the brown vanity and light brown walls. The blue helps brighten it up a bit. You'll just have to ignore Aubrey's pink and purple towels hanging from the shower.
Here is the "green room". The windows are beautiful and, as you can see, Sadie has found her sunning spot. Sadie and Maggie will lay in here all day and just watch out the window. It is an incredibly bright green, so if you're coming to visit I hope you're feeling cheery! The bedding I had in my room in high school matched in here perfect!
Ahhhh....my favorite part of the house. I love the kitchen! Although there are a few things I would change, there are more than a few things I love. Our kitchen table fits in here great and there is a little desk off to the right where we can have all my cookbooks and our computer stuff. It's really nice to have all that in the kitchen so we are all in the same room more often!
Here it is! We are very close to our neighbors, but they are pretty quiet so we don't mind. I love the green siding and blue door, but Ben isn't so sure about it. The big tree in the front yard is already budding! You can see the water tower in the backyard...it's one of the points the B-52 flies by in their pattern. I thought I would miss the jet noise since we aren't living on base...boy was I wrong! The Buff has 8 engines and it sounds like every one of them are going to come through our front window when they fly overhead. I love it!
After finding out that Ben was going to be pulling 12-14 hour days when he hits the flight line, and hearing about the 4 am shows and 2 am returns, we decided he needed his own car. He was able to find this great 1997 F250 Heavy Duty truck. He finally got his truck and I have my own car again!
Our move out from MS was somewhat uneventful. Aside from some arguments on what our pets did to the carpet and what they didn't we were able to get out of there with a small fee. Here is Aubrey crawling under the table and re-arranging the furniture. :)
While I was visiting a friend in Minot, Ben had to clean and pack...looks like he had quite the little helper!
This one is from the "old" house on Mississippi Ave. She was waiting for the cookies to finish in the oven.
Now we are at our new house. It only took her two days to start standing here! The windows are so low that she was able to use the windowsill to stand up. She was just hanging out watching the kids play outside.
So adorable! I wonder what she was thinking?
Can't forget about our other two "kids". Sadie and Maggie have adjusted great to their new house! They have a fenced in backyard again so they can play outside without having to be on a leash. Maggie was watching Aubrey look out the window from the picture above.
Oh Sadie...she is being such a puppy right now! There is a lot of open space in the living room and Sadie is taking full advantage of the wrestling space.
Here she is! She was using her pack'n'play for her crib while we were in the moving process and this is what we would see when nap time was over!
Aubrey loves to help daddy. He was tacking down our cable chord and she kept crawling all over him. It took a little longer than planned, but it got done!
Aubrey is constantly crawling over to the fireplace and using it to help her stand up. I don't think we'll be having a fire in there anytime soon so she's good!
Here she is again by the back windows. The dogs were outside playing and she just sat/stood and watched while she squealed at them through the window.
Looks nice! I love all the dark wood.
ReplyDeleteAubrey is getting so big! Give her a squeeze for us!
Thanks for posting all the pictures dear! The new house looks beautiful! I can't wait to come see it in person this summer! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJen