Monday, April 27, 2009

Still Waiting...

It's another beautiful day in Mississippi.  All the storms of the south have been north of us for the most part.  We get the warm sunny days instead.  Ben and I have been spending a lot of time outside keeping up with yard work and the flowers my dad planted for me.  It was getting a little hard for me to bend down and dig in the dirt so my dad helped out when he was here.  They look great and add so much color!  Ben is still working hard, but playing just as hard.  He had his first solo flight in the T-38 last week and is soloing today again.  He described it like driving a car for the first time by yourself, but way cooler.  One of his IPs said, "We give you 10 hours in this jet and then we give you the keys to a super-sonic jet.  Good Luck!"  They have a good time over in the 50th. 

As I promised, here is a picture of our new car.  Ben had a hard time giving up the Subaru, but he liked that this car was black too.  After having it for a month and a half we really love it.  Now we just need a little someone to put in the back seat!  (Besides Sadie).

I was just relaxing watching tv and Sadie decided to snuggle.  I think she is going to love the baby.  The other day she laid in the nursery for a few hours on the rug in front of the changing table.  Even with all the toys in there for her to get in trouble with she just laid there.  She is already learning how to be gentle.  I can't wait to see her when we bring the baby home!

Below are a few pictures of the nursery we got set up.  My parents and Jonah came down to visit for his spring break and helped us get everything ready.  Dad and Ben put all the furniture together while my mom and I sorted through all the clothes, gifts, and things.  We had a good time, but now Ben and I are getting antsy for a baby to occupy the space.  Hopefully she'll be here any day now!

Changing Table and Bookshelf

Crib

Dresser, Hamper, and Bookshelf again

As you can see there isn't much left to do in the nursery so I am working on keeping up with the other general housework so there isn't a lot to do when we come home from the hospital.  Today is cookie day.  I'm planning on getting a few dozen cookies baked for Ben's flight room.  Most of the guys are single and don't get a lot of extra goodies.  If nothing else it will keep me busy for awhile until Ben gets home and we go for our walk.  Hope y'all have a good week and we'll keep you updated on the BabyWatch.


No comments:

Post a Comment